Monday, January 16, 2006

#23 - Nantasket Basket #1



Made for: Mom

Pattern: Nantasket Basket by Susan Pierce Lawrence

Yarn: Cascase 220 in purple (#8885) and pinky-beige (#8021)

Purchased at: Woolcott

Needles: Addi 10.5 circs at 40" using Magic Loop when necessary.

Notes: I liked this pattern a lot. It was easy, but had interesting touches. The welt around the bottom was an interesting little technique, and the i-cord bind off around the top rim was another new technique for me. I love that Susan added a few purl stitches around the top rim so that you can accurately place the handles without meauring and re-measuring and re-measuring a circular item. Plus, the basket is very functional. Particularly as a Mom, I can imagine thousands of possible uses for it. This was my first time using Cascade 220 and I loved it.

Date: May 2005