Monday, January 16, 2006

#25 - Tea Set



Made for: Little Miss Grace, daughter of Nina, for her 2nd birthday

Pattern: Fiesta Tea Set by Annie Modesitt

Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease in Orangeade, Ice Blue, Blueberry, Cherry Red and Pineapple

Purchased at: Building 19 for $1.39 per ball!!

Notes: The directions for the tea set were excellent. However, the strange little placemat was a pain in the ass. First of all, there was no picture of the placemat in the pattern instructions, so I didn't know if I'd like it at all. Then, after working through the fair isle (my first stab at fair isle, by the way), I discovered that the entire piece measured abut 3 inches wide. With a gift deadline looming, I asked the all-knowledgeable gals for help at my SnB, and came up with a plan. The plan didn't work, so I threw in the towel and did some "free association" knitting and turning the damned thing into a bag. Here's the inside of the bag:




Date: May 2005